VMCAD Financial Aid – Art & Design College Financial Assistance
At Virginia Marti College of Art & Design, we know how important and complex financing education can be for students and their families. This is why we staff our office with professionals who are ready to answer your questions and address your concerns. Please feel free to contact us for assistance in exploring your financial needs.
Virginia Marti College of Art and Design
Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts
Phone: 216.221.8584 or 800.473.4350
Jennifer Minkiewicz, Director of Financial Aid
Reghan Laki, Student Accounts and Financial Aid
Martha Snodgrass, Financial Aid
Applying For Aid
Apply to Virginia Marti College of Art & Design. (We can only offer financial aid awards to accepted students who qualify).
Apply for a PIN (Personal Identification Number) at www.pin.ed.gov.
Your PIN is needed to electronically sign your FAFSA. If you are a dependent student, your parents will also need to apply for a PIN.
Apply for your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Please include the VMCAD federal school code (012896) so that we will receive a copy of your Student Aid Report to determine financial aid eligibility.
Once your FAFSA is completed and submitted, VMCAD’s Financial Aid Office will receive your ISIR within three business days. The next step is setting up a personalized financial aid appointment to estimate quarterly expenses (tuition, fees, books, and supplies). Together, we will review your ISIR, complete verification (if required), and sign other required documents. Loan options, including entrance counseling, estimated loan debt and loan repayment amounts upon graduation will also be discussed as will available scholarships.
After the appointment is completed and all documents are signed, your financial aid status is completed, or as well call it, Packaged!
Note: Dependent students will need to bring at least one parent whose financial information was applied to the student’s FAFSA to the financial aid appointment. If at least one parent is not available to attend, please inform the financial aid office before the initial financial aid appointment
Apply for scholarships (applications and websites available upon financial aid packaging).
*See Financial Aid for applications and websites
- Award Letters are issued only after your financial aid is packaged.
- Award Letters show all approved aid for a specific enrollment period, which includes dates the aid is expected to be received by the college.
- The Award Letter does not inform the student of any payments due the college that is the result of expenses in excess of financial aid awards, nor does the Award Letter inform the students of any stipends (Aid in excess of expenses).
- Tuition payments and stipends are estimated during the financial aid appointment and are confirmed only after registration and upon billing from the student accounts department.
Note: Students are required to sign Award Letters and return to the financial aid office.
Financial aid funds are processed and applied to the students’ account after the Award Letter has been signed by the student and returned to the financial aid office. The expected dates shown on the Award Letter may be different than the actual date the funds are received due to processing. The students’ ledger will show the exact date the funds were received and applied.
Important Financial Aid Links:
- FAFSA on the Web
- PIN # for the FAFSA
- U.S. Department of Education
- Selective Service
- Ohio Board of Regents
- Cleveland Scholarship Program
- Direct Loans
Types of Financial Aid Available:
- William D. Ford Direct Subsidized Loan
- William D. Ford Direct Unsubsidized Loan
- William D. Ford Direct Parent PLUS Loan
Financial Aid Forms:
- Dependent Verification Form
- Independent Verification Form
- Authorization Form
- FERPA Form
- Parent PLUS Application
- Professional Judgment Form
- Refund Request Form
Students are billed each quarter for tuition due. Typically, tuition payments are made in full prior to the start of the quarter. Students now have the option to split their tuition into three monthly payments for a $75.00 installment fee. Students must request the payment plan on a quarterly basis, otherwise tuition will be due in full.
For any questions regarding alternative loans or payment plans, please contact Reghan Laki during her office hours (Monday-Wednesday 9:00am-6:00pm) at 216.221.8584 ext. 109.
(Students will be notified if they are flagged for verification)
Entrance and Exit Counseling:
(Necessary for all federal student loan borrowers)
- Entrance Counseling takes place during the initial financial aid appointment. During the Entrance Counseling, the financial aid officer will discuss loan eligibility, interest rates, payment period, and estimated total loan debt and monthly repayment upon graduation. Students complete their Entrance Counseling online after meeting with financial aid. All MPNs must be signed before the first day of class. www.nslds.gov
- Exit Counseling takes place each time a student stops attending VMCAD. This includes withdrawals, taking a term off, and or graduation. Students may have multiple Exit Counseling sessions before graduation. During the Exit session, the financial aid officer makes an appointment with the student to discuss total loans borrowed, calculate estimated monthly loan repayments, and provide the student with a personalized Exit Document containing their Lender(s) names and number.
Students who do not complete an Exit with one of our financial aid officers will receive their Exit packet via email and mailed through the U.S. Postal service upon request. www.nslds.gov
- Students Convicted of Possession or Sale of Drugs